Look at my upcoming events.
We have customized training available for your group, from two hours to two days of content.
Radio 100 – What Preppers Need to Know (one and a half hours)
- What is Radio about? The two main purposes for Preppers
- What is the Prepper approach to radio?
- What are the three physical formats radios come in? Pros and Cons of each
- What is Line-of-Sight and Beyond Line-of-Sight radio?
- License Free Options?
- Licensed Options? Pros and Cons of each
- What resources are there to get you started?
Radio 101 – Radio Operation of the Baofeng (one and a half hours)
- What is Radio?
- Parts of the Radio
- Antennas and Accessories
- How to identify a compatible antenna or accessory
- Various options of antennas and accessories
- The difference between Frequencies and Channels
- Basic Radio Operations for Baofeng, AnyTone, or your groups UHF/VHF radio
- How to hold your radio when speaking
- Channel Mode
- VFO Mode
- Recommended Radio Settings
- Programming a Channel
- Radio Operations Practice
Radio 102 – Radio Procedures (one hour)
- The “Golden Rules” of Radio Communication
- Pro Words
- Real world examples of Pro Words
- Pro Words used in radio calls
- Phonetic Alphabet and Numbers
- How to start a radio call
- How to end a radio call
- Radio Procedures Practice
Radio 103 – Basic Reports (one hour) (Can be taught with your groups standard reports)
- Considerations when Reporting
- Pro Words used in Reporting
- Basic Reports (SALT/SALUTE)
- Basic Reporting Practice
Radio 104 – Advanced Reports (one hour)
Radio 105 – Authentication over the Radio (one hour)
Radio 106 – Use of Brevity Codes (one hour)
Radio 107 – Putting it all together, the SOI (one hour)
Additional Modules available:
Programming your Radio with Chirp, RT Systems, or the Manufactures software (1-2 hours)
How to make field-expedient HF/VHF/UHF antennas (2-3 hours)
Using digital modes for reporting (2 hours)
Construction of Field Repeaters (2 hours)
Field power systems and power harvesting (2-3 hours)
How to get your ham radio license (half hour) (no charge to your group)
Additional costs may apply:
- Field antenna material cost
- Customized radio programming per attendee
- Customized radio reference book per attendee
- Customized radio per attendee
- Mileage from Kansas City with Room and Board
- Business radio licence created for your groups use